Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reactions To Practice AP Exam:

I thought the essay questions were surprisingly easy. They were very straight forward. The only thing that confused me a little was the fact the they didn't specifically ask about literary elements. I thought I remembered the essay questions last year being more technical. I was able to develop strong ideas towards the questions, but I don't think I had enough to support my statements. While writing the essays I also learned that I don't work to well under pressure. I could easily knock out my opening paragraph in just a little more than five minutes, but after that I would freeze up with the remaining ten minutes. I think my struggling was due to the fifteen minute time limit. I felt stressed and worried I wouldn't be able to get anything worth while down. I have found that when given more time like a fifty minute period, I actually finish way too quickly. I'm not really sure why I acted in the complete opposite way during the practice test.

I wasn't present for the second part of the practice AP exam. However, I have taken other practice tests and I have found them extremely difficult. I have found that just tackling one section at a time and not worrying about the time limit works best for me. I am also getting better at reading and comprehending long passages effectively. I took a six week long preparation class for the SAT and learned many helpful skills in tackling long passages and getting all of the needed information out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment